Does your car need an air conditioning charge? With the arrival of heat, many drivers turn on the air and realize that it does not work properly or does not cool enough. Given the proliferation of companies that offer a non-approved gas to carry out these refills and for the hottest months of the year, we list five issues that every driver should know about the air load.
The air conditioning has a very important function in terms of safety, since it directly affects the well-being of its occupants and especially the driver, helping to prevent the onset of fatigue and drowsiness whenever the cabin is at a good temperature.
- The air conditioner should check whenever it does not work properly, does not cool sufficiently, or generates a bad smell. In a preventive way, we recommend you charge the air every two years, depending on the use made, although it recommended checking the air conditioning system annually.
- Not worth any gas. The vehicle manufacturer determines and approves their cars with specific technical and mechanical specifications, including the type of gas used by the air conditioning system. The refrigerant gas of the most frequent air conditioning system is R134A and is the one we use in Norauto. It is an approved gas and according to the characteristics of the car, complying with current regulations. This result includes the payment of the rate of fluorinated gases at a rate of € 21.45 / kg, and for this, we acquire the gas from Spanish suppliers strictly complying with the law.
- Gas charging must carry out in a specialized place that complies with current regulations. Its handling must be done by a professional since it requires a lot of caution and a certificate in handling fluorinated refrigerants.
- The charging did by an air conditioning charging station that programmed according to the car model. This result varies according to the amount of coolant and oil of each vehicle.
- The old gas must recover, as well as its recycling, something that only did in approved and specialized workshops. Sealing and performance control also recommended. It is important to check beforehand that there is no leak in the circuit since, in that case, the refilled gas will lose.
Currently, a recharge of non-approved gas is being offered for use in vehicles and based on flammable hydrocarbons. We warn that the air conditioning installations did not design to work with these gases and that in case of leakage, there could be a risk of explosion, putting the safety of all passengers at risk.